Lip Stain Review: Revlon Just Bitten

Those of you who pay attention will know that I'm not very phased about lipsticks and glosses. They look pretty and all, but I end up with half of whatever I'm wearing all over my face and teeth, and it's just too much of a muchness as far as I'm concerned.

One of the handful of lippies that won me over recently was Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain. You colour in your lips with what looks and feels like a highlighter pen (a friend pointed out that there's a certain naughty/forbidden element to it, its like drawing on someone with permanent marker), flip it over to apply a slick of lip balm, and you're sorted for HOURS.

I can't say that I haven't been thinking of drawing
pictures on people's faces when they're fast asleep...


It's a proper stain, so you can't really wipe/rub it off once it's on. It immediately sinks in, which will leave your lips feeling slightly dry if you don't follow with the lip balm. Of the two shades I got, I absolutely love Victorian. It's a cherry pink-red that would suit just about anyone, and I love that it creates an I'm-not-really-trying-too-hard-I-just-have-naturally-awesome-lips vibe.


No lip colour

Swatched: Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain in Victorian


Revlon just bitten swatches:
Victorian (left) and Forbidden (right)


Revlon Just Bitten is available in 11 shades,
so you're sure to find one you like. The 
down 
side? The shades have annoying vampire-movie 
inspired names like Desire, Dawn, Twilight, 
Midnight, Mystical... We get it, we get it.

You can decide on how intense you want the colour to be - if you want it darker, you just apply more of it. Just be careful until you've found your happy medium, 'cos once it sits, it sits. So hopefully if you bump into me this winter, I won't be all pale lipped...

Revlon Just Bitten is available at a RRP of R105.


C xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment